Our daring dozen are raring to go this weekend, as they take on the tough terrain, along 25 miles of Hadrian’s Wall!
Matthew’s Mum, Emma Williams MBE, is challenging herself in her 50th year and along with Matthew’s sister Alice, they are walking for Matthew, as he cannot. They aim to bring awareness of the amazing, life-changing ketogenic diet therapy and much needed funds to help other children and adults, like Matthew, who suffer with catastrophic, drug-resistant epilepsy.
Please visit Emma’s and Alice’s JustGiving page below. All donations are VERY much appreciated!
Joining them are:
- Sam and Sammy – good friends of Emma, Sam works part-time in the Matthew’s Friends office, organising fundraising, resources for families and many other duties! Please visit their JustGiving page here… https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/samandsammy
- Alison Pettitt – Also in her 50th year, Alison is taking part in memory of her beautiful son Timmy. Please read more and support Alison here https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/a-pettitt1
- Alan Burt – Alan wanted a fitness challenge and is keen to support our charity! His JustGiving page is here – https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/alan-burt
- Jade and Michelle – these two fabulous ladies, from Red Goat Productions, have supported our charity in recent years, producing the most brilliant videos for our YouTube channel and website. They specialise in working with charities and we are blessed to have met them! http://www.justgiving.com/Jade-Cummings3
- Deidre Brown – a family friend, Deidre is keen to take on the challenge to support Matthew’s Friends! https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/d-brown13
- Clare, Sarah and Steve – We were delighted when these lovely people from Nutricia, the makers of KetoCal, joined the team! Matthew’s Friends have worked alongside Nutricia for many years and share a common goal of increasing awareness and availability of medical Ketogenic Dietary Therapies for those who need it! https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/szwecmanleyanderson
Please support our intrepid trekkers, as they take on a difficult walk in heatwave conditions!
We look forward to sharing news and photos from the trip.