The Ketogenic Dietitians Research Network is a newly-established group of paediatric and adult ketogenic dietitians and researchers.
The aims of the group are to:
- Provide a support network for dietitians undertaking, or interested in undertaking ketogenic diet-related research
- Share practice and research ideas between UK ketogenic centres.
- Apply for funded research time for dietetic-lead projects.
- Promote evidence-based practice by publishing results from our projects, and through sharing and review of relevant journal articles.
Our dedicated and enthusiastic team are currently working on our first project.
If you are interested in joining the group, or collaborating with us, we would love to hear from you! Please contact Dr. Natasha Schoeler on firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 2017 Update
A very productive and exciting November meeting!
- We have a new group logo and we have formulated a written Group Constitution and a statement about the involvement of industry and charity with the KDRN.
- The KDRN Exec Committee has been formed.
- We have the results from our survey of KD services in UK and Ireland. The work will be presented at the British Paediatric Neurology Association (BPNA) conference in Jan 2018 as a poster and oral presentation. Manuscript to follow! We are hoping results will aid business cases and new centres in developing databases/guidance on what information to record.
- Other current projects underway:
Nutritional biochemistry: outline of current UK practice of nutritional blood tests for patients starting or following a ketogenic diet, and future recommendations.
Modified ketogenic diets: an overview of adult and paediatric MKD practice in the UK
- Our next meeting will take place in Liverpool 23rd February 2018.
Please contact Dr Natasha Schoeler for further information, or if you would like to join/collaborate with the group: email@example.com
August 2017 Update
A very productive and exciting August meeting!
- We now have preliminary data from the KDRN survey. Many thanks to all of you who completed it. We are formulating an abstract for submission to the BPNA and will be in contact with all participants in due course.
- Our very own Group Constitution and KDRN Exec Committee are forthcoming.
- New group logo to be revealed soon!
We are pleased to welcome associate members to the group. This is for any health professional or service user with an interest in ketogenic diets. Associate members will receive a biannual newsletter with updates from the group.
Our next meeting will take place in Birmingham on 1st Nov 2017.
Please contact Dr Natasha Schoeler firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.
Questionnaire on Ketogenic Diet Services
Are you part of a ketogenic diet service in the UK and Ireland? Interested in sharing some basic information about your service to compare resource allocation and help with future funding applications? If so, we’d be grateful if you could complete our questionnaire on ketogenic diet services across the UK and Ireland.
Please copy and paste the link below into a Chrome browser for best compatibility. Please complete one questionnaire per Trust/service. Completion time is estimated to be one hour, but this will vary depending on the size of your service and databases.
The deadline for completed questionnaires is Friday 7th July. Thank you!