Matthew’s Friends Gourmet Evening
Thursday 29th June 2017
Venue: The Dining Room, Reigate
A wonderful opportunity to enjoy a fun evening with tony as he demonstrates his tempting three course gourmet meal which you then get to enjoy with Tony’s choice of wine with each course, plus coffee and petit fours.
£95 per person – Come along in a couple or a group
Limited availability so book early – first come, first served!
Email email@example.com or call 01342 836571 to book
Matthew’s Friends Quiz Night
Saturday 3rd June 2017
Venue: Oxted Royal British Legion, 42 Church Lane, Oxted, Surrey RH8 9LB
- Teams of up to 6 players
- £6 per person entry, includes nibbles
- Raffle, free parking, cheap bar!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01342 836571 to enter your team
Purple Day was founded in 2008, by nine-year-old Cassidy Megan of Nova Scotia, Canada, to raise awareness of Epilepsy and to help dispel some of the myths and stigma associated with the condition. Cassidy chose the colour purple after the international colour for epilepsy, lavender.
For more info on Cassidy Megan and Purple Day go to www.purpledayeveryday.org
Why get involved?
Epilepsy affects over 50 million people worldwide or approximately 1 in 100 people. That’s more than multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy and Parkinson’s disease combined!
How can you help?
We would love everyone to do something for Purple Day. Here are a few ideas to get you started;
- Wear something purple on March 26th and encourage others to do the same.
- Host a Purple Day party or fundraising event at your home, school or workplace.
- Paint yourself purple, paint your face, colour your hair for the day
- Have a purple coffee morning or picnic. Ask friends, family, colleagues for a donation for a cuppa and a cake (purple of course!)
- Hold a purple cake sale
- Hold a purple themed sponsored event or quiz
- Anything you can think of to raise funds and AWARENESS of Epilepsy!
Would you like to hold your own Purple Day event?
Buy Your Purple Day Materials Here
Let us know what you’re planning so we can feature you here on our website, some pictures for our newsletter would be great too!
Don’t fancy going purple? That’s not a problem, you can still help us to support people affected by epilepsy and their families by making a donation to Matthew’s Friends or by making a regular donation to Matthew’s Friends from your bank – just ask us how!
Download Purple Day Material
Click the images below to download Purple Day Material.